Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bonded Servant

Following up on my post from last week comes further indication that things may be heading toward resolution at MGM for the James Bond franchise to get back on-duty sooner rather than later.  Tucked away inside Deadline's post on director Gary Ross (Pleasantville, Seabiscuit) circling Lionsgate's upcoming adaptation of The Hunger Games is the tidbit that another director in contention had been Road to Perdition's Sam Mendes.  Mendes, you may recall, had been hard at work developing Bond 23 with the assumption that he would take the reins on the project once the creative and financial hurdles had been cleared away.  Insofar as his involvement in Hunger Games...
Mendes, for instance, bowed out of contention last Friday, and I’m told it was because the MGM picture is clearing up and it looks like production on 007 could begin by late summer or early fall, 2011 with Mendes at the helm and Daniel Craig back in the Aston Martin.
Still nothing official, of course, but all indicators seem to be pointing in a positive direction.  Again, good news.

1 comment:

J.R. LeMar said...

Yes, potential good news. Hopes this goes through.